The goal of our health office is to aid in the health and wellness of your child, by making sure students are current with their vaccinations, are compliant with our illness policies, and to keep your student at school and learning when possible.
The health offices at our Great Hearts Academies are staffed by Health Assistants and Registered Nurses. In the event that the school health professional is not present, trained personnel will be delegated to administer medications and respond to medical emergencies.
- Parents should notify the school nurse of any changes that arise throughout the school year regarding changes of the child’s health status such as: a new diagnosis; new medications given at home; surgery or hospitalizations; fractures or injuries; or communicable diseases in the child or immediate family.
- The state requires certain communicable diseases to be reported by the school to provide community assistance if necessary.
- Vaccinations: The State of Arizona requires that certain vaccinations be given in order to attend school. Your students immunizations will be monitored yearly for compliance. Below are the Immunization Requirements.
- Cough Drops
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Saline Eye Drops
Prescription medications will be administered according to the physicians order and must be in the original prescription bottle. Prescription medications must be brought in by the parent.
- Health Policy COVID-19 Guidelines for Students and Staff
- COVID-19 Incident Response Guidelines
- Great Hearts Medical Information and Consent to Dispense Medications
- Great Hearts Health Services Manual
- Great Hearts Head Lice Policy
- Great Hearts Food Allergy Action Plan
- Great Hearts Asthma Management Plan
- Great Hearts Seizure Care Plan